'Wasl’ means to ‘connect‘ in Arabic, Urdu and Persian.
The Women’s Alliance for Security Leadership (WASL) brings together existing women rights and peace practitioners, organizations, and networks actively engaged in preventing extremism and promoting peace, rights and pluralism, to enable their systematic and strategic collaboration.
WASL partners have deep experience in:
- Providing religious literacy and alternative narratives
- Deradicalization & rehabilitation
- Security sector reform (SSR) and training
- Upholding human rights and gender equality
- Building community resilience and addressing grievances through social and economic programming
- Promoting a culture of peace and active citizenship